Quantum Certification Services' Policies
You must ensure that the ongoing activities for which certification has been granted comply with the requirements and rules of Quantum Certification Services Pty Ltd.
As a licensee you must ensure that the ongoing activities you have been granted certification for comply with the requirements and rules of the certification program including, but not restricted to:
- The standard(s) on which the certification is based.
- The license fee, surveillance audit fees and any other fees or charges which may be agreed to from time to time between the Licensee and Quantum.
- Inform us of any change of address. Note: your certificate is issued to cover the place(s) where the audit was conducted. If you intend to change your address we will need to determine what needs to be done for you to maintain your certification.
- Comply with all reasonable requests and/or directions made by us regarding the activities for which certification has been granted, including the way in which you use the Marks.
- Acknowledge that the Certification Mark is the intellectual property of Quantum Certification Services Pty Ltd or its successors or assigns, and that Accreditation Marks are the property of the accreditation body/bodies.
- Make clear in all contact with your clients that the certification issued by us in no way implies that the products or services certified are approved by the JAS-ANZ Governing Board or the by relevant Australian or New Zealand Government Ministers.
- Implement in a timely manner any changes to the certification scheme we notify you of.
- If providing copies of the certification documents to other parties, make sure documents are reproduced in their entirety or as specified in the certification scheme.
- Keep a record of all complaints relating to compliance with certification requirements and make these records available to us when requested.
- Take appropriate action regarding complaints and/or deficiencies found that affect compliance with certification requirements, and document these actions.
You must not:
- Make any direct or implied claim that the Certification and/or Accreditation Mark(s) cover any activity that is outside the scope for which certification has been granted;
- Associate the Marks with any laboratory tests, calibration or inspection reports, or certificates;
- Assign or otherwise transfer all or any part of the rights granted under this Agreement to any third party.
If your certification is suspended, withdrawn or cancelled you must immediately stop using the Marks until we authorise in writing that you can resume use.
If this Agreement is terminated, either by you or us, you must immediately stop using the Marks and return, destroy or delete any copies of the Marks you hold.
Fees are detailed in your quotation. As costs are based on the charge rate applicable at the time of submitting a quote, we reserve the right to increase charges during the certification period.
Additional fees apply for additional work that is not included in the quote. This may include special audits for follow-up of non-conformities, unscheduled audits as directed by relevant authorities, follow up due to suspending, withdrawing and/or reinstating certification and scope changes.
Our personnel are bound by our Code of Conduct and ISO 19011 Guidelines for auditing management systems. Our personnel are prohibited from accepting or requesting payments, gifts or any other inducements given for the purpose of influencing the audit and certification process.
You may terminate your Agreement at any time by giving us written notice of three months before your next audit is due. Failure to do this may result in additional fees.
If you breach of any of the obligations in your Audit and Certification Agreement and fail to remedy the breach as directed in writing by us, your certification may be suspended and Agreement terminated.
Upon suspension of the License, the Licensee must immediately stop using issued Trade Mark/s, until such time as its continued use is restored and authorised in writing by Quantum Certification Services Pty Ltd.
Should this Agreement be terminated either by the Licensee or Quantum Certification Services Pty Ltd, the Licensee must immediately stop using the Trade Mark/s and return to Quantum Certification Services Pty Ltd any Trade Mark/s or other Trade Mark/s art-work previously supplied by Quantum Certification Services Pty Ltd.
You have the right to transfer certification to another certification body at any time during the certification cycle and as long as your company has current certification.
Quantum Certification Services Pty Ltd will liaise with your original Certification Body to ensure a smooth transfer process for the continuation of your audits and certification cycle.
If you choose to transfer your certification to Quantum Certification Services, this process will be completed in accordance with our procedures.
Only certifications that are covered by an accreditation of an IAF MLA are eligible for transfer.
Organisations holding certifications that are not covered by such accreditations are treated as new clients.
Quantum Certification Services recognises the client’s right to choose a certification body without being unduly or unfairly constrained.
The transfer process commences with a review of your certification to verify the validity of certification and status of outstanding nonconformities. In conducting the pre-transfer review we will:
- Seek to confirm that your organisation’s certified activities fall within our scope
- Determine the reasons for seeking a transfer
- Verify the site or sites seeking to transfer certification, hold accredited certification, is authentic, have accredited valid certification
- Consider the last certification or recertification audit reports, subsequent surveillance reports and any outstanding nonconformities that may arise from them
- Complaints received and action taken
- The stage in the current certification cycle
- Any current engagement by the organisation with regulatory bodies in respect of legal compliance.
Only valid, current certification will be transferred. In cases where certification has been granted by a certification body that has ceased trading or whose accreditation has expired, been suspended or withdrawn, acceptance of the transfer will be at our discretion.
If no further outstanding or potential problems are identified by the pre-transfer review, certification may be issued following the normal decision making process. The program of ongoing surveillance will be based on the previous certification schedule unless Quantum Certification Services has conducted an initial or recertification audit as a result of the review.
Where doubt continues to exist, after the pre-transfer review, as to the adequacy of a current or previously held certification, Quantum Certification Services will, depending upon the extent of doubt, either:
- Treat the applicant as a new client, or
- Conduct an audit concentrating on identified problem areas.
The decision as to action required will depend upon the nature and extent of any problems found and shall be explained to you. The justification for the decision will be documented and records maintained by us.
Quantum Certification Services cooperates with organisations transferring to another Certification Body by providing requested information about the status of the organisation’s certification.